Finally found a spot and read 2 chapters, then went around taking photos. Ran into German couple in smoking area and then went over to para-sail booth. May not run again today. They took name in case.
Went back to German couple and talked with them. Felicia showed up and I came back here to room to change for trip into town to shop.
Went down and waited in smoking area with German lady (Tanya) for a bit, then wandered a bit until tour got closer.
We met at front of lobby and waited. After two false bus arrivals a lady came up and said she was our guide and our bus was still en route. Finally showed and we boarded.
Short ride into center of town. Brought us to Old Fort Craft Market. It was a small, hilly area of small shops in a narrow alley like setup. All were about the size of a walk in closet and staffed by a person.
They were all selling the exact same things? What kind of market would setup like this?
If I would not buy the item in first stall, why would I in later stall. While Felicia and Tanya were being haggled (almost harassed at times if my experience was typical), I walked around a corner and was attacked by vendors trying to get me into their stall.
Went into one and left.
Another had a deal on shot glasses, 3 for $5. Glasses were standard size, good glass and nice painted detail.
Another had a small wood shot glass I wanted. She tried to get $8 and I refused. She combined it with a small conch shell she had seen me pickup and offered for that. Talked her down to $6, still a bit much, but reasonable.
Next girl showed me her friends stall, but had nothing I wanted. Then took me over to her stall. I wanted a t-shirt, but like the gift shop at hotel, only had S and M sizes. She did have a set of bamboo coasters that was nice. She wanted $15, got her down to $10.
At that point I just went to find Felicia and Tanya, getting called at by every shop keeper on the way.
Finally found them. Felicia was annoyed and while I was relating my experience about t-shirts, another stall owner said she had XL shirts, so I said lead the way.
She had a few that looked nice. She wanted $15 each. I told her I could get them for $12 at resort (which is true), so she offered 2 for $25. I agreed, but only had $24 (without breaking a bill which we were warned was hard, they usually just tried to sell you more). She took it.
I then left area. Felicia was out shortly behind me and found Tanya having a beer she bought at curb side. Guy in lot tried to sell more stuff, but I just said I was out of money.
Boarded bus and went up road to a place called Habanos. It was a gift shop. We were getting a 15% discount here. They had a nice selection (and air conditioning), but again no t-shirt in my size. I did buy a rum cake for $6 to eat tomorrow as a going away thing. Might share, will see.
We were all done shopping in 20 minutes, but had an hour. So walked down street so Felicia could try and find cigarettes (she did) and Tanya tried to buy a gold bracelet, but they would not meet her price.
We then went into Margaritaville for a drink. Had a Coke that cost me $3. Was actually disappointed in the place. We did run into the British girls there, they were just leaving.
Got back on bus and came back to resort. Tipped driver $1 and went up to room to unload and repack. Then grabbed camera and went out to do sunset again. Got some good ones.
Then ran into cats on sea wall, two larger adults, mid size and a small kitten.
Photographed a few different cats, most not being cooperative. One looked like she may have just given birth, was bloody on rear. She went out on wall and cleaned herself for awhile.
I found her still there later enjoying the sun. Got a few photos when the mid sized cat came up and they were very affectionate. Got some nice shots that I hope will really turn out nice (may black & white a few of them).
Waited in lobby for Felicia. Late again.
Walked over to Italian place. Waited a bit to get seated.
Drank water again and got fagioli pasta soup and caprese salad, chicken dish on spaghetti. Was really good and filling.
After dinner we walked down along beach to main stage area. Sat for a bit, I grabbed a Coke. She then went up to go hang out at bar and I came up here to room to change and update this log. Will head back down in a bit and see what the night brings.
Went back down to main stage and sat with usual group watching band perform.
Afterwards walked to disco for a drink, place was dead.
Went down and sat to watch waves and storm on horizon.
Went back later to disco, bit more active, but no one I knew. So went again to beach and walked a bit.
Third time back some were there (including Felicia) but music sucked.
They all went out to smoke. I went over to rail, saw a kitty and spent a few minutes trying to call it out (did not work).
Back at disco, all still outside, conversation was nothing I could join and I was not even there basically.
So came up to room to write here and then probably bedtime.
Just hope the para-sail comes through tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment